CHCSS00130 Individual Support – Disability
This training applies to individuals who are looking to gain employment or gain skills for a role within the care sector.
The training reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person- centred support to people why may require support due to disability.
This course will develop a range of skills required for roles in the following areas:
- Personal Care Assistant
- In Home Respite Worker
- Community Care Worker
- Disability Service Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Family Support Worker
Complete Course details
Total units of competency: 4
This skill set reflects the skill requirements for providing person-centred support to people with disability in various settings.
It covers a range of topics, including:
- Understanding disability and the social model of disability
- Developing and implementing person-centred support plans
- Supporting individuals with complex needs and behaviours of concern
- Promoting social inclusion and community participation
- Providing support for personal care needs
- Facilitating empowerment and self-determination for people with disabilities.
Upon completion of the CHCSS00130 – Individual Support – Disability, learners may be eligible to work in a range of roles in the disability support sector, including as disability support workers, personal care assistants, or community access workers.