What's subsidised training?
Subsidised training is where the South Australian Government pays part of your accredited course fees for you. This money goes straight to your training provider, so you can focus on your training.
Are you eligible?
You might be eligible for subsidised training if you live or work in South Australia, and are:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent Australian resident or
- an eligible visa holder.
- Looking good so far?
In addition to the above, the following age requirements apply:
For adult learners
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school or
For those still at school
- 16 or turning 16 years of age in the current year of enrolment and enrolled in Year 11, 12 or 13 doing SACE or an equivalent or
- enrolled in Year 10, 11 or 12 and employed in a Training Contract that combines VET and SACE or school-based curriculum
You can check your eligibility using the online tool at mytraining.skills.sa.gov.au