CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Are you looking for work providing personal care to older people, including those who are living with dementia? Learn how to help older people to maximise their independence and wellbeing. Find out what it means to work legally and ethically with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
You do not need previous experience in a caring or support role; however, if you have worked in a related field and want to formalise your existing skills, then CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) is the qualification for you.
CHC33015 reflects the role of workers in community and residential settings who provide person-centred support to older people. Employment pathways can include personal care assistant, personal care worker, assistant-in-nursing, accommodation support worker, care/client assistant, community house worker, home care assistant, residential care worker, residential support worker.
Please note that to achieve CHC33015, you must complete at least 120 hours of work placement in a residential aged care facility.
Complete Course details
Total units of competency: 13 (7 core and 6 elective units)
Core Units of Competency
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care